History of the Kamihata Fish Industry Group

  • 1877 — Tozaemon Kamihata inaugurated carp (koi) cultivation.
  • 1961 — Shigezo Kamihata established Kamihata Fish Industries Ltd.
  • 1964 Kamihata Sanke, a bred variety of Nishikigoi, was awarded the championship prize at the All Japan Nishikigoi Contest, ushering in a new era in Nishikigoi culture.
  • 1979 — The Kyorin Food Industries Ltd. was established as the production division for Hikari brand foods. The principal factory was located in Kasai city, Hyogo.
  • 1984 — The Kanto Factory of Kyorin Food Industries Ltd. was completed in Kujukuri cho, Chiba.
  • 1990 — The Kyushu Factory of Kyorin Food Industries Ltd. was completed in Chikugo City, Fukuoka.
  • 1992 — A twin axes extruder was installed at the Kansai Factory of Kyorin Food Industries Ltd. With the expansion of the Kyushu factory, the annual gross production capacity increased to 20, 000 metric tons.
  • 1995 — The Kansai Distribution Center was completed providing floor space in excess of 9, 240 m².
  • 2001 — The current, ultra modern Hikari Aquatic Laboratory was completed.
  • 2002 — The Kanto Distribution Center was completed with the overall area 3, 500 m².
  • 2007 — The Fukusaki Factory of Kyorin Food Industries Ltd. was completed in Fukusaki, Hyogo.