A Powerful Color-Enhancing Diet developed after considerable research into the nutritional requirements of bettas.
Hikari® Betta Bio-Gold® has been developed after considerable research into the eating habits and nutritional requirements of bettas. This floating pellet has been carefully balanced to meet the nutritional needs of your pet. The inclusion of premium-select fish meal which provides a superior protein source, Astaxanthin, which helps enhance coloration, Grape Seed Extract (polyphenol), which has been shown to reduce the impacts of aging and Spirulina, which naturally offers a high concentration of usable vitamins, make this a daily diet perfectly suited for bettas and their high stress nature. Look for our other premium diets which your beta will also enjoy; Micro Wafers™, Bio-Pure® Frozen Blood Worms and Bio-Pure® FD Freeze Dried Blood Worms.
Developed, produced and packaged in our facilities so we can be assured you’ll always get the ®Hikari quality you expect!
What do Betta keepers say?
- Like it! I also love the spout on the bigger packages- I have a lot of bettas. It’s also their fave pellet food.
—Heather C. @UCTD_girl via Twitter
- “The [other brands] stuff is just not working out. Every time I try to put the pellets in they sink to the bottom. Supwidat? His mouth was too small so he couldn’t eat. Then I tried Hikari and it is exciting for him to eat. Believe me he seems pretty happy now. Woo-woo!”
—Colleen R. in San Lorenzo, California
- “Your food has really helped my old fish! I have a Betta named Dragon who is approaching three years old. Earlier this year, I noticed his fins were shrinking, his color was poor, he was becoming listless, and did not attempt to fight with his neighbors in nearby bowls. I was certain he was going to die very soon, as my other Bettas were becoming old and weak, and some had already passed on. Soon only Dragon was left. I purchased a new Betta, and as I always do, bought what he was eating in the pet store, because they can be very picky about their food. It was your Bio-Gold food, and I began to give this to Dragon. Within two to three weeks, he was being more active, his color was returning, and he was taking notice of his new neighbor! Even his fins seem to be in better condition now. He is now back to his beautiful velvet black to silvery blue, and he’s quite feisty. Thank you Hikari, for saving my beautiful little friend!”
—Barbara L. in Portland, Maine
- “I wanted to take the time to thank you for the Betta fish food. I must tell you how much my fish “Simon” enjoys your food. There is really a difference in your food. He eats it better. I have noticed better, richer color and he eats it all—not some of the flakes clouding the water as before. So often we are quicker to complain, so I wanted to share a positive experience.”
—Laura W. in Pleasant Garden, North Carolina
- “I attended the California Betta Society Show in San Jose on Saturday. I won a bag of products in the raffle, one of which was a sample packet of your Hikari Betta Bio-Gold. Since I already use (and swear by) your Hikari Lionhead pellets for my goldfish and the Micro Wafers for my tropical fish, I am really looking forward to trying the Betta Bio-Gold and am anticipating another success.”
—Schelly N. in Sacramento, California via snailmail
- “I don’t know what you folks put in your betta food, but it’s the only thing my bettas will eat. They LOVE it! I like it because it keeps their water cleaner. Thank you for a truly outstanding product!”
—Mike via snailmail
- “I bought 2 bettas about 3 weeks ago and bought a double fish tank as well. Inside the box was a free sample of Hikari Betta Bio-Gold. To be honest, my Bettas love your food plus it keeps the water very clean!”
—Melina via email
- “I breed bettas and recommend your food compared to everything! It’s brilliant! My bettas never had so much color. Your competitor’s food is standing still compared to yours. I experimented with the other foods on my baby bettas the third time after breeding and they looked poorly. Switching them to your food made them beautiful! I’m so glad for your services, thank you. You guys are great!”
—Jessica K. via email
- “I have three male betta fish, two years old. They have been on Betta Bio-Gold and Bio-Pure FD Blood Worms for three weeks now, I have seen marked improvement in all three fish. Plus they go into a frenzy at feeding times. They absolutely love it!”
—Patricia. via email
- “I recently purchased some of your Betta Bio-Gold. I am amazed at how our fish responded to it. He actually seems much more content and he engages us when we are near the bowl. We have had our betta for about a year and I really thought he was slowing down, but the food has really increased his movement as well as attitude (if fish actually have these). Thanks for a great product!”
—Nanette. via email
- “Hikari foods are far superior to the other foods on the market. In fact, in the case of my betta I would never give him any other type of pellet!”
—George via email
- “I bought my betta together with one of your competitors brand food. My betta did not like it at all, she immediately spit it out after swallowing it! I went back to the store to ask if this was normal and they recommended Betta Bio-Gold. The difference is night and day! My betta now always wants to eat, whenever she sees us she will be so active and asking for more food. Her color is better too. Hikari Betta Bio-Gold is the best!”
—Andre S. via email
- “I can’t believe how my betta loves Betta Bio-Gold. I now feed him this product exclusively […] You have a product that my fish truly loves. He eats all the daily servings in about a minute. “
—Lowell G (via email)
0.09 oz #19101
0.70 oz #19110
2.2 Lb Item #19166
Bettas are called “fighting fish” because the males fight with one another. You should never keep males together for this reason, but can keep a single betta with other non-aggressive fish in a larger aquarium. Keep your water at a low to moderate acidity and maintain a temperature between 73°F (23°C) and 81°F (27°C) free of drafts or rapid temperature changes. Change some water weekly with a water conditioner to remove chloramines, chlorine and ammonia that is the same temperature as the water you are replacing.
Baby Pellet: Feed one (1) to three (3) pellets two (2) to three (3) times daily based on the size of your betta. Remove all remaining food after the feeding period to avoid over-feeding and the water quality problems which can result from this action. Bettas are finicky eaters and often resist a new type of food. Continued use will ensure acceptance. It is not uncommon for bettas to take up to 5 days to adjust to a new food. [Read more about Betta Care…]
Perfectly Sized Pellet: Feed 5 to 10 pellets up to 3 times daily based on the size of your betta. Remove all remaining food after the feeding period to avoid over-feeding and the water quality problems which can result from this action. Bettas are finicky eaters and often resist a new type of food. Continued use will ensure acceptance. It is not uncommon for bettas to take up to 5 days to adjust to a new food. [Read more about Betta Care…]