A Pharmaceutically Freeze Dried Food Loaded With Multi-Vitamin Offering Superior Nutrition And Palatability. An Excellent Daily Diet Or Treat Great For All Types Of Freshwater & Marine Fishes, Turtles & Frogs Too!
- Look for the natural, pinkish color signifying superior quality only Hikari can offer. One feeding and you'll understand why we call Hikari Bio-Pure FD the world's finest freeze dried aquatic diets.
- Our exclusive, pharmaceutical grade freeze-drying process allows us to maintain the original taste, texture and nutrition of the live animal. An excellent alternative to live food, free of foul odor and parasites offering excellent nutrition without risk.
- Loaded with multi-vitamins to improve the overall health of your pet while reducing stress and stress related diseases..
- Nitrogen charging and oxygen absorbers packed inside each can maintain freshness while reducing the chances of fatty acid oxidation common with competing items.
- Lower sodium levels than most competing brands.
- Naturally rich in beneficial fatty acids.
- The easy to feed cubes, quickly hydrate and separate when put in water, leaving the impression of live ocean plankton.
Debbie Goodrich Curator, Rainforest Cafe, Seattle's Southcenter Mall
“I have been the curator at Rainforest Cafe, Seattle for more than six years. Over this time, I have been fortunate enough to be able to experiment with many different techniques to maintain our 6,000 gallon fish-only saltwater system. One of the product lines I have been proud to use has been the Hikari brand frozen foods. More specifically, we feed the following Hikari brand items: Krill, Mysis Shrimp, Brine Shrimp, Blood Worms, Ocean Plankton, Mega-Tropical, Mega-Marine, Mega-Marine Angel and Mega-Marine Algae. This is in addition to our standard diet of frozen items like Squid (whole), pollack and prawns. Lastly, we also feed romaine lettuce for fiber and Nori seaweed for greens nutrition (along with Mega-Marine Algae). The fish have thrived on the Hikari diets for more than six years. Mortality has been minimal and health has been superior over time. The issue of completeness of the fish’s diet has never been in question nor suspect when disease has broken out. We have never witnessed the production of excess phosphates or nitrates as a result in the use of the Hikari products. I have personally tested water quality in a cup of saltwater and added the product, to see no measurable phosphates or nitrates using a HACH 890 Colorimeter. I have tried other diets for the fish and the fish have reacted negatively or with refusal to eat, even through they have shown that Krill is their favorite. Krill of another brand, even though frozen, is just not the same. I have tried other formulated diets too. The production of phosphates was tremendous, along with nitrates and subsequent algae growth has a direct correlation. Everyone that has visited our tanks here in Seattle, including our corporate visitors, have been impressed with the fish’s size, health and color. I can do nothing less than thank the diets that we have chosen for making this so.”
Bio-Pure FD Ocean Plankton Cubes
0.42oz (12 g) Item #33601
Feed the amount your pet will completely consume within three (3) to five (5) minutes two (2) to three (3) times daily. For additional feeding suggestions, ask your aquatic retailer about Hikari's other specialized diets including Bio-Pure frozen and Bio-Pure FD, providing cleanliness and quality beyond compare!
Because We Care: Hikari Bio-Pure FD products never contain artificial colors or preservatives. Use before the best before date guarantees the contents meet our rigid quality standards. After opening, please keep the container our of direct sunlight, high heat or humidity as this can cause the contents to degrade rapidly. For maximum success the contents should be used within 90 days of purchase and be kept tightly closed when not in use.
PLEASE NOTE: Handling a freeze-dried food that is derived from a live animal can cause the same allergic reaction possible by handling the live animal itself. To avoid potential problems, always wash your hands immediately after use and avoid contact with your nose and mouth prior to washing.
OTHER GREAT FEEDING OPTIONS
Frozen Ocean Plankton