We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with the policy noted here.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you agree with any changes we have made. This policy is effective from 01/01/12.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and type of fish kept
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better overall service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or regular mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners, in a non-identifiable format, for marketing or promotional planning purposes.
- We will never sell your information or provide individual information to a third party without your prior consent.
- We may share information with Governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; (2) when trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies or the Government for marketing purposes of any kind.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All non-consumer directed emails and newsletters from our site allow you to opt our of further mailings.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site of ours. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the features of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website you are visiting to be sure you agree with their policies before using their site.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed the we can use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing us at Hikari Sales USA, Inc. – 2804 McCone Avenue – Hayward, CA 94545-1663 – Re: Privacy or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless we are required to do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Privacy Contact Information
1 (800) 621-5619
Hikari Sales USA, Inc.,
2804 McCone Avenue,
Hayward, CA 94545-1663
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, using the above options. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy at any time with changes to this policy being posted on this page.