Limited Range Specific Gravity Meter For Marine Aquarium Use
- Ideally suited for use in nano tanks, smaller setups or sumps of larger systems
- Accurate to ±0.001 specific gravity & salinity (PPT) measurements
- Durable construction for extended life
- Designed to give a temperature-corrected reading in warm water aquariums - 68°F to 85°F (20°C to 30°C)
- Readings can be taken by taking the meter out of the aquarium and placing on a level surface or leveling the unit in the substrate of your sump where its less likely to be impacted by marine animals
Individually Calibrated For Accuracy
Each AccuProbe™ Hydrometer is assigned an individual certified calibration number which is your assurance the unit was finely tuned prior to shipping from our production facility to provide the most accurate reading possible.
Directions for use
Note: Before using for the first time, to season the measurement needle, fill the hydrometer with saltwater from your aquarium and allow it to sit full of this water on a level surface for 24 hours. This rehydrates the calibration disc to its original specs and calibration standard and will provide the most accurate readings going forward
- Submerge hydrometer into your aquarium water slowly.
- Once water reaches the fill-line, remove hydrometer and place on a level surface.
- Avoid air bubble adherence to the pointer as this will result in inaccurate, higher than normal readings. Should air bubbles collect on pointer, gently tap hydrometer to completely dislodge them before taking your reading. Do not aggressively tap the unit on a hard surface as this can cause the pointer to be permanently damaged.
- Read specific gravity from scale. For most marine aquariums the recommended specific gravity range is from 1.020 to 1.023.
- Rinse with fresh water after each use to maintain optimum accuracy.
Salt deposits may accumulate inside the unit. To clean, soak in lukewarm water or vinegar for 30 minutes then rinse thoroughly with fresh water and allow to air dry.