Sparkle-Up Your Tank!
Great For Use In Freshwater Or Marine Applications
Highly Porous Sponge Maximizes Bacterial Action
Increased Surface Area Offers Maximum Bacteria Colonization
Soft Sponge Material Offers Easy Cleaning
Sponge Designed For Longer Life
Uplift Tube Won’t Clog Easily
Another Great Aquarium Solutions® Addition For Your Aquarium
- Before installation, soak the sponge block in aquarium water for at least five (5) minutes.
- To clean sponge block, always rinse with water taken from your aquarium. Do not use tap or hot faucet water as this can damage the sponge block and impact bacteriological action.
- When re-installing the sponge block, submerge in aquarium water and squeeze gently to remove all trapped air inside the microscopic pores. This allows the sponge block to operate properly.
- For optimum performance, replace the sponge block every six (6) months. Allow the new block to soak in your aquarium water for a minimum of two weeks before installation to allow it to colonize with nitrifying bacteria.
- The Bacto-Surge® Sponge Filter requires a minimum of 30 days of use to operate peak performance. Care should be taken during this time to monitor your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels as the aquarium progresses through the nitrogen cycle. ClorAm-X® can help control ammonia toxicity during this period.
Mini – #96038 (For use in aquariums up to 10 gallons)
Small – #96040 (For use in aquariums up to 40 gallons)
Large – #96044 (For use in aquariums up to 75 gallons)
X-Large – #96048 (For use in aquariums up to 125 gallons)
Note: The finer hole structure allow the Bacto-Surge® Foam Filters to provide significantly more bacterial colonization than competitive foam filters of similar size.